Media Library Terms and Conditions
By accessing or viewing content in this Brigham Young University (“BYU”) Continuing Education media library, (the “Media Library”), you (the “Participant”) agree to following Terms and Conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”).
- Acceptance of and Adherence to Program Policies. The Program Policies (“Program Policies”) are the BYU Privacy Notice, which is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions; all Media Library user instructions; and all BYU policies applicable to the Participant’s use of the media library. Program Policies are subject to change at BYU’s sole discretion for a variety of reasons, including health and safety. It is the Participant’s responsibility read and understand all Program Policies and to stay informed by regularly reviewing Program Policies. Participants who do not comply with the Program Policies may be blocked from accessing the Media Library with no refund. BYU also reserves the right to file any and all claims for any and all damages that may be warranted by any perceived or actual misuse of the Media Library by the Participant, in BYU’s sole discretion.
- Payment of Financial Obligations. The Participant is fully responsible to pay all tuition, fees, and other associated costs assessed as a result of their registration and receipt of services for the Program. If all charges incurred are not paid by the due date and if, for the purposes of collecting the amount due, BYU should retain an attorney or collection agency, the Participant must pay all costs of collection including reasonable interest, reasonable attorney's fees, and reasonable collection agency fees, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 40% of the debt. BYU or its agent may contact the Participant by email or cell phone in an effort to collect the debt. BYU or its agent may use automated telephone dialing equipment, and to use artificial or pre-recorded voice messages in their efforts to contact the Participant. The Participant may withdraw his or her consent for BYU or its agent to use automated telephone dialing equipment or artificial or prerecorded voice messages by submitting such request to the BYU Collections Office via YMessage or in writing or verbally at A-153 ASB, Provo, UT 84602; (801) 422-6634 or verbally or in writing to the applicable agent acting on behalf of BYU. BYU may report delinquent accounts to one or more of the national credit reporting agencies.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The content, information, and services of the Program are provided “as is” with no representation or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- Governing Law, Venue and Jurisdiction. The laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles, govern all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of any of the other provisions, which other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.